Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Status Update, a Race, and Housekeeping

Status Update: Alright team - so far we have 11 of 12 spots filled.  Last Call for dragging encouraging your friend to join in and fill our last spot.  I am pretty sure that everyone has burned through their list of friends and no one else has anyone that is interested in joining our team, but thought I'd check in.  If we are out of options - I can find someone on the facebook page. It shouldn't be hard - I checked on there last week and people are BEGGING to join teams.  Any preference - boy? girl? first one I see? the one who tells the funniest jokes?

RACE:  Ben and I will be running in the NCB Capitol Hill Classic in DC this weekend - Sunday, May 20th. There is a 3k (1.8 miles) and 10k (6.2 miles).  Ben will be doing the 10k, which starts @ 8:30; and I will (hopefully) run the 3k, which starts @ 10:30.  You can register through Wednesday (tomorrow) - $30 for 3k; $33 for 10k.  Otherwise, you can do late registration ($35) in person through 8:15 on Sunday - check the website for further details.

If you have any other races you want to run/want team members to join in on/think sound fun add them to the calendar.

Housekeeping:  
1. WE NEED A TEAM NAME!!!  Any ideas?! Please post/email/send smoke signals ..... If I come up with it - it will be something like, "watch us run" or "12 people running" .... I bet you guys have waaaay better ideas!  I want to make sure we catch the 6/5 deadline to keep the cost down.

2. SEND ME YOUR MONEY!!! =) The registration cost is $100/runner.  (there may be more fees later) You can make checks out to: Laura Mott & send money to:

Laura Mott
204 S. Castle Street
Baltimore, MD 21231

I'd appreciate it if you can send it to me no later than May 31st - that way I can have time to get it in the bank and register our team in time. If this timeline is a problem - just shoot me an email and let me know (lpgaines@gmail.com). 

I think that's it for now.  Maybe we'll see some of you on Sunday.



PS: It's Nicole's Birthday on Sunday - - so you should blow up her facebook wall w/lots of messages and/or come to DC to give her lots of balloons and cake. =) =)


No comments:

Post a Comment